Option to Disable Automatic .rar Extraction?

Got an idea mind, want to request a feature?

Option to Disable Automatic .rar Extraction?

Postby plz7788 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:52 am

Hi,

If this option exists, I don't see it right now. Is it possible to allow for an option to disable the automatic extraction of rar or zip or similar files after download? For me, 99% of the time I find it extremely annoying, when I go to the file I want, and find it all in a massive mess of extracted files - I wish to organize them the way I like.

At the very least, maybe introduce a feature where the extracted rar, zip, or part files do not just disappear from your computer after extraction. This way, I have to option to maybe search in my Recycling Bin for the original files. I believe that some other newsreaders/downloaders I have used before do this as well... I can't remember which one though.

Thank you.
plz7788

Re: Option to Disable Automatic .rar Extraction?

Postby ensisoft » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:14 am

plz7788 wrote:Hi,

If this option exists, I don't see it right now. Is it possible to allow for an option to disable the automatic extraction of rar or zip or similar files after download? For me, 99% of the time I find it extremely annoying, when I go to the file I want, and find it all in a massive mess of extracted files - I wish to organize them the way I like.

Go to Archives tab, in the toolbar at the top left there are 2 toggle buttons, repair and extract. Uncheck the extract button and automatic extractions are thus turned off.

At the very least, maybe introduce a feature where the extracted rar, zip, or part files do not just disappear from your computer after extraction. This way, I have to option to maybe search in my Recycling Bin for the original files. I believe that some other newsreaders/downloaders I have used before do this as well... I can't remember which one though.

Thank you.

Go to the Archives tab, then select the Extract tab. There you'll see a row of options such as "write log file", "keep broken extracts"... uncheck "Purge archive files on success" and your archive will no longer disappear after being extracted. The Repairs tab has a similar check box called "Purge recovery files on success" which you can also uncheck.
ensisoft
Site Admin

Re: Option to Disable Automatic .rar Extraction?

Postby plz7788 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:25 am

Oh wow, thanks. I always thought this would be in the Settings menu. Thanks once again.
plz7788

Return to Requests