[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ensisoft • View topic - Problem with only being able to download 1st article! UGH

Problem with only being able to download 1st article! UGH

Bugs..those nasty little critters that crawl and hide in your code at night..

Problem with only being able to download 1st article! UGH

Postby djohnson » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:39 pm

For many years I've used XNews newsreader with a Newsguy subscription and Windows (currently WIndows 7) without having any problems. Around 2 weeks ago the problems began -- and I wasn't alone based upon one user's posts to the news.software.readers (he appeared to be using Xnews with Newsguy also). The problem is this: headers download fine and the first message downloads fine. Then when you try to download a second and subsequent messages, it just downloads the first message again! Refresh headers and it will get the first message body fine, then the same problem occurs. Try to batch download attachments and the same problem occurs. You get the first attachment and hundreds of copies of the first attachment! If you download messages one at a time using the web reader through Newsguy.com it works fine but there's no option there for batch downloading attachments which is what I wish to do.

The only suggestion so far was to reinstall Xnews which I did to no avail. So I ditched Xnews (which has no support and last update was 2002) and installed your Newsflash Plus hoping things would be fine. However, the same problem is occurring. Do you have any suggestions???? I can post or send sample connection and newsflash log reports if that will help. Maybe I could change some setting in Newsflash Plus to fix the problem. Maybe the problem is with Newsguy, but I'm surprised they don't have it fixed after 2 weeks with tons of people subscribing.

Any help you can give will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
djohnson

Re: Problem with only being able to download 1st article! UG

Postby ensisoft » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:47 pm

ensisoft
Site Admin

Re: Problem with only being able to download 1st article! UG

Postby djohnson » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks for your reply. Just today I signed up for a free (temporary) account for access to the XSUsenet servers and it works just fine, so it's clear it's a Newsguy issue so I'm taking it up with them. Thanks for making Newsflash Plus a free program!
djohnson

Return to Bugs