[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ensisoft • View topic - Kubuntu 12.10 not working

Kubuntu 12.10 not working

Bugs..those nasty little critters that crawl and hide in your code at night..

Re: Kubuntu 12.10 not working

Postby ensisoft » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:44 am

ensisoft
Site Admin

Postby qmail » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 pm

This would be very kind, because I love your software.
qmail

Postby qmail » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:53 pm

BTW, I made a 2nd donation about 20 Euro. This is a big "thank-you" for you work!!!
qmail

Postby ensisoft » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Thank you for contribution. :)
ensisoft
Site Admin

Postby ensisoft » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:44 am

Hello,

I'm not exactly sure what is different here in terms of how the process is started up but with b4 the issue is that Default style will try to use the default style engine in KDE (implemented as a Qt plugin, liboxygen.so)
that is built against Qt 4.8.2. Hence the error and crash.

Here's a workaround that should solve the problem.

Copy the Qt libraries (libQtCore.so.4, libQtGui.so.4, libQtNetwork.so.4 and libQtXml.so.4) from b3 to b4, and overwrite the Qt libs that come with b4. This fix gets it running for me.

- ensi

EDIT: seems like with this it will crash later with some unresolved symbols. So it wont work :(
ensisoft
Site Admin

Postby qmail » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:44 am

Actually b3 works fine for me, but I'm happy to see that you found a hint. Kubuntu ia quite popular so I think I'm not the only person with this issue.

All the best

Frank
qmail

Postby ensisoft » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:59 pm

3.5.0b0 has been built against Qt 4.8.2, so hopefully this version will run OK in KUbuntu.

Btw, it looks like the bug really is a KDE/Qt bug, 4.8x versions should be binary compatible but in this case they aren't for some reason.
ensisoft
Site Admin

Postby qmail » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi.

I have a 32-bit version of Kubuntu installed with the new 3.0.5 and still the same problem. A few month ago you gave me the link to the Beta 4 and it worked. The links in the old thread are broken. Can you give me a new link, please?

Thanxs in advance.

All the best
qmail

Postby ensisoft » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:11 am

hello, sorry for late reply

Hmm, still not working? I'm out of ideas then.

Here's link to the linux 3.4.0b4

http://www.ensisoft.com/software/newsfl ... 0b4.tar.gz
ensisoft
Site Admin

Postby qmail » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Hello.

I installes a fresh (not updated) Kubuntu 13.04. Still the following error: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40804) with this library (version 0x40802)
Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
qmail

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs