Search filter

Got an idea mind, want to request a feature?

Search filter

Postby plz7788 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:24 am

Hello,

One simple feature suggestion that I can offer is instead of a 'search' for what you want function, implement a 'filter' for what you want? For instance, with Grabit, if what I want has the keyword "Wolf" in it, then I search with a filter applied, for "Wolf", and only posts with the string "Wolf" show up, making searching a lot easier. Grabit also allows you to apply more filters upon this initial filter. For instance, all the files that I am interested in have the string ".rar" in the title, I apply the filter again for ".rar" and all other messages without the query phrase disappear, so my final result has "Wolf" and ".rar" applied.

Thanks
plz7788

Re: Search filter

Postby ensisoft » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:59 am

I'm sorry which searching is this? For headers?
ensisoft
Site Admin

Postby plz7788 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:25 pm

Erm for instance, I load up a group, and I see a bunch of messages/posts in the group. I know that I want to see a post that has the word "Wolf" in the Subject. I search for it, and hide everything else that does not fit the search criteria. Does this help?
plz7788

Postby ensisoft » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 am

A basic filtering has actually been already implemented. It will be in the next version of the software.

https://github.com/ensisoft/newsflash-plus/issues/15

Thanks,

- ensi
ensisoft
Site Admin

Return to Requests